SasIng MotorSport team forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is odoljanal

Our users have posted a total of 1355 messages in 179 subjects
Most active topics
Sebring 2012 Season 3
Barber MotorSport 2012 Season 3
Suzuka 2012 Season 3
Twin Motegi 2012 Season 3
Zolder 2012 Season 3
Next season car
Laguna seca 2012 Season 3
IMS Road Track Season 2012 Season 3
Watkins Glen Boot Season 4 2012
hardware reccommendations?
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Driver communication

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SloEdge
Admin

Driver communication Empty
PostSubject: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 am

Maybe it's time to start using driver communication in iRacing sessions. I know there is Team speak application in the market but i'm not sure if is it free or you have to buy licence to use it, neither how it works on server side. I just used it few years ago as user. Another option is built in radio in iRacing sim, but as far as I know you can protect it from other drivers (if they know the channel name they can join).

Does anybody have some experience with "team speak" ?
Back to top Go down
https://sasingmotorsport.forumotion.com
Eric den Hollander

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 am

I know its posible to make private chats but i dont know if its free to use
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 am

I know some guys are using skype to communicate but i'm not sure if Skype supports push to talk button. I use Skype a lot @ work but never try it with iRacing.
Back to top Go down
meiros

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi,

I saw in youtube some videos about "making a chanel with team speak 3". It is easy and free.

If you have a PC server it is the best option, because the team drivers can join the chanel whenever they are driving even if there is not anyone. The channel acts as a meeting point for pilots. It is great.

Other way is just power on a Team Sepeak Server during some race or practice session.

I "googled" and find other good way, visit this freeteamspeak3.com
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 1:21 am

I have download SW and apply for teamspeak server on the page you gave me... When server will be up i will report it here Wink
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:14 am

Registration confirmed so now we have channel at team speak server

Our TeamSpeak 3 Connection details:
IP: ip.freeteamspeak3.com
PORT: 9987 (default)
Channel name: No 105. SasIng motorsport
Password : cliopatra

Under our channel there are 2 sub channels Dallara and GT.
Feel free to test, mine test will have to wait couse i need a longer cable to connect my headphones with microphone to PC :S
Back to top Go down
meiros

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 5:47 am

Nice,

I already log in Sasing Channel!!
Back to top Go down
meiros

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Guys,

I read a Thread about the news for 2012 Season 4 at iRacing forum( ...i can't post links)

I think we can use the chat and voice channel from iRacing!

I copy / past here a part of i read,
"....
Radio

Text and voice chat within the simulation have been replaced with a race radio. The new radio is a combination scanner and transmitter.

The scanner will automatically scan through all of the channels that are programmed into the radio. The scanner can have up to 32 channels.

The transmitter will be set to transmit on one of these channels. Any text chat or voice transmissions you make will be on the channel the transmitter is set to. You can assign a key or button to the "Next Channel"/"Previous Channel" controls on the Options/Sound screen. You can use these controls to cycle the transmitter through the set of channels that are programmed into the radio. The channel your transmitter is set to is displayed on the replay and driving screens, above the L/Q/S/P meters. The transmitter-channel indicator will blink each time your radio's configuration is changed.

A channel is identified by its name. Channel names begin with the @ symbol, and can include letters, digits, and the - (dash) symbol. Channel names are converted to all upper case letters, and so they are not case sensitive. Channel names can be up to 15 letters long, including the leading @ symbol.

Channels have levels of permission. Only a certain set of people are permitted to talk on a channel, and a different set of people are permitted to scan (listen to) the channel. If you are not permitted to talk on a particular channel, it will be skipped when you cycle your transmitter to the next/previous channel.

There are some predefined channel names:

@ADMIN - Anyone that has admin privileges on the server can scan and talk on this channel. This channel is intended to allow server admins to talk among themselves, without others on the server listening in.

@RACECONTROL - People with admin privileges on the server can talk on this channel. Everyone on the server will scan this channel. It is intended as a way for the server admins to communicate with everyone on the server at once ("I'm going to throw a competition-caution on lap 30").

@DRIVERS - This is roughly the equivalent of the "old" radio. All drivers can scan and talk on this channel.

@SPECTATORS - Anyone can scan and talk on this channel, but it is only pre-programmed into the radio for spectators. Spectators can now text and voice chat among themselves, without interrupting the drivers.

There are some predefined channel names that actually map to many distinct channels internally:

@CLUB - There will be a separate channel for each club. Drivers can only scan and talk on their own club's channel.

@TEAM - Each team will have its own channel. Only people that connect to the server as part of your team can scan and talk on your team channel.

@PRIVATE - Each person that connects to the server will have their own private channel. You must scan your own private channel. Private text chat messages are sent to you on your @PRIVATE channel. Anyone can private text chat to you, and only server admins can voice chat to you.

Server admins can always scan and talk on any channel, provided they know the channel name.

Your radio will come pre-configured with a particular set of channels, depending on how you registered for the server, and your rights on the server:

- If you are a driver in the session you will scan the @DRIVERS, @TEAM, @CLUB, @RACECONTROL, and your own @PRIVATE channels.

- If you are a spotter for a driver in the session, you will scan the @TEAM, @RACECONTROL, and your own @PRIVATE channels.

- If you are a spectator you will scan the @SPECTATORS, @RACECONTROL, and your own @PRIVATE channels.

- All server admins will scan the @ADMIN channel.

Since it would be difficult to understand what is being said if several people talk at the same time on different channels, you will only hear one person speaking at a time. The radio channels have priorities. Your radio will automatically silence someone speaking on one channel if someone starts speaking on a higher-priority channel. For example, if you are hearing someone speak on @DRIVERS and one of your teammates starts talking on your @TEAM channel, your teammate's message will take priority. Channels are ordered as follows, from highest to lowest priority:

@ADMIN
@RACECONTROL
@PRIVATE
@TEAM
@
@CLUB
@DRIVERS
@SPECTATORS

You can also create your own channel and add it to your radio (see the @add command, below). If you give the name of this channel to others, they can also add the channel to their radios, and you can then all talk to each other. Just be aware that anyone that knows (or guesses) your channel name can add the channel to their radio and or join the conversation (or just listen in).

In addition to the next/prev channel controls, some text chat commands exist that can be used to alter your radio. You enter these commands as if you were going to transmit a text chat message. You can enter these commands no matter what channel your transmitter is set to - the commands are intercepted and acted on without actually being transmitted. These commands are signaled by starting your text chat message with the @ symbol.

@help
Will list the radio commands.

@help cmd (for exmample @help list)
Will give you more information about a specific command.

@list
Will list the set of channels that are programmed into your radio. Each channel will be preceded by up to 4 letters, indicating some properties about the channel.
"s" means that the channel is being scanned by your radio's scanner.
"t" means that you can transmit on this channel.
"m" means that you have muted this channel.
"a" identifies the channel your transmitter is set to (the "active" channel).

@add
Will add the specified channel name to your radio, and switch your transmitter to that channel. For this and all the other radio chat commands where you specify a channel name, you can include the @ on the name (@add @lizard), or not (@add lizard). Both will work.

@remove
Will remove the specified channel from your radio. Some channels can not be removed.

@transmit
Will switch your transmitter to the channel. If you do not have permission to transmit on the channel, the transmitter will not be changed.

@mute
Will mute the channel. You will no longer see any text chat, or hear any voice chat sent on the channel. Some channels can not be muted.

@unmute
Cancels muting on the specified channel.

@noscan
Turns off scanning for any channels on your radio that you are allowed to mute. Some channels, like @RACECONTROL, can not be muted, and will still be scanned.

@scan
Turns scanning back on.

None of the changes made to your radio using the chat commands are "sticky". They are forgotten each time you exit the simulation....."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver communication   Driver communication Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver communication
Page 1 of 1