SasIng MotorSport team forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is odoljanal

Our users have posted a total of 1355 messages in 179 subjects
Most active topics
Sebring 2012 Season 3
Barber MotorSport 2012 Season 3
Suzuka 2012 Season 3
Twin Motegi 2012 Season 3
Zolder 2012 Season 3
Next season car
Laguna seca 2012 Season 3
IMS Road Track Season 2012 Season 3
Watkins Glen Boot Season 4 2012
hardware reccommendations?
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sbig

hardware reccommendations? Empty
PostSubject: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 am

As I was playing earlier today I started noticing a problem with my pedals. Whenever I would go on the brakes the throttle would sometimes stick open on randomly flutter part-open. So, I'm guessing my pedals are dying and I need to buy a new set of pedals and wheel.

That being said, do you guys have any suggestions on what to go for? I've typically had good luck with Logitech products in the past but was curious to know what you used and if you had any thoughts on what else I might want to look at.
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 am

If you ask me, take fanatec Clubsport's Elite pedal. I have them for more then year and they still works like the first day i get them. I clean them once in a while with vacumer and that's all the maintance they get.

Last edited by SloEdge on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sasingmotorsport.forumotion.com
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Maybe this video will help you decide

Back to top Go down
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 am

Yeah Fanatec pedals with a loadcell brake (clubsports and elites) seem to be the best option and I'm planning to get the elites myself. So far I've been driving with my DFGT stock-pedals and they aren't the best (but they have been VERY reliable, no problems what so ever in those many years I've had them).

A bit of a warning though, Fanatec quality and support haven't been that good for what I've heard. But I think they have improved lately. Cannot say for myself because I don't own any of their products.
Back to top Go down
meiros

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am

Tuesday i will buy my 1st Fanatec product, will be the Club Sports Pedals V1...i will report my first feelings about it.
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

Hmm, I have a DFGT and they're the ones that broke :/ It's the first time I've had trouble with Logitech, but I also bought them used and don't know how long they had been used for before I bought them.

What's the difference between the clubsport and elite? Would I still be able to keep my DFGT wheel and only change the pedals, or would I need to do both? I like the load-cell idea, but how stiff are they actually? Is it something you can change, or are you stuck with whatever the stock setting is?
Back to top Go down
meiros

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 am

sbig wrote:
Hmm, I have a DFGT and they're the ones that broke :/ It's the first time I've had trouble with Logitech, but I also bought them used and don't know how long they had been used for before I bought them.

What's the difference between the clubsport and elite? Would I still be able to keep my DFGT wheel and only change the pedals, or would I need to do both? I like the load-cell idea, but how stiff are they actually? Is it something you can change, or are you stuck with whatever the stock setting is?

The Club Sports Pedals it is a new step in simracing pedals:
Full aluminium construction;
Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strengths, brake sensitivity, brake travel
High resolution pedals magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance
Pressure sensitive brake with Load Cell sensor
Vibration motor to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires. Compatible to all games
ForceFeedback actuator on the brake

Both are totaly compatible to any racing wheel of any manufacturer.

The prices are also diferente, the CSP costs more 100euros Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:55 am

sbig wrote:
I like the load-cell idea, but how stiff are they actually? Is it something you can change, or are you stuck with whatever the stock setting is?

The feeling is like in the real car and you can adjust load cell easily Smile

Quote from :
http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-csr-elite-pedals-review

With the pedals plugged in, it’s time to give them a try. Now we get to the point where the CSR Elite’s leapfrog the competition. It’s not the neat design or the durable materials but the load cell brake that set them apart from the competition.

Usual mass market pedal sets work with potentiometers, meaning the force of the brake is controlled by how far the pedal is being pushed. If you push it a little, little force is applied and full force isn’t applied until you push it to the metal.

This is the way pretty much every sim racer has learned to brake, even though it has little to with how the brake in a real car feels. The load cell brake changes this approach completely as the brake force is controlled by the amount of force applied to the pedal, not pedal movement.

At first, this takes a little to get used to as there’s very little movement and travel in the pedal as the brake is extremely stiff. After a while you get used to control the braking force by pressure as you can use muscle tension to dosage the brake.

It gets even better by the fact that the load cell is easily adjustable. Behind the brake pedal there’s a little dial that sets the amount of force needed to push the pedal to the max. While the brake is pretty loose on the lowest setting, it gets very stiff with the highest as you have to really slam down on the brake to apply maximum pressure.

This comes in really handy when driving cars with very sensible brakes that tend to lock up such as powerful open wheelers. With a bit of practice, the load cell brake is much easier to dosage as a potentiometer-powered brake without any additional fiddling or tricks like replacement springs, tennis balls or anything else that has been tried to improve the feel of regular pedal sets.
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 am

meiros wrote:
sbig wrote:

The Club Sports Pedals it is a new step in simracing pedals:
Full aluminium construction;
Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strengths, brake sensitivity, brake travel
High resolution pedals magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance
Pressure sensitive brake with Load Cell sensor
Vibration motor to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires. Compatible to all games
ForceFeedback actuator on the brake

Both are totaly compatible to any racing wheel of any manufacturer.

The prices are also diferente, the CSP costs more 100euros Crying or Very sad

Belive me Club sports are not worth extra money, i will take Elites for sure Very Happy
I'm lucky bastard and my good friend runs game store (playgame) and i always had a chance to try anything before i had to buy it. The only really big difference is ABS pedal shaking which i didn't like at all.

http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/CSR%20Elite%20Pedals%20EU

http://eu.fanatec.com/ClubSport%20Pedals%20V2%20EU

And don't buy this... http://eu.fanatec.com/Pedals/CSR%20Pedals%20EU Original logitech pedals are far better then this ...
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 am

Awesome, I go to buy the pedals from the Fanatec site and find out they won't accept an American billing address Sad Can't find them on Amazon either Mad Any other suggestions on where I can find them?
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:27 am

Hmm why do you enter USA billing address ? Write your temporary address , same as delivery address. I doubt they check anything.... ok, they sure check if credit card is valid and that you have enough money to purchase it. If this trick don't work let me know and i ask my friend if he can buy it for you and give your shipping address...
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 am

My credit card company always checks, and sometime it still won't work even if I enter everything correctly! My swiss bank card won't work for online purchases either. I'll figure something out, just frustrating.
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am

I guess paypal is only right solution then... You should be able to transfer money to paypal with no trouble at all. Fanatec official site http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=5 says you can pay with paypal too.
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am

oops, i missed that part Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am

Hehe that's how i read sometimes (wife says many times ). And then suddenly someone insert few lines which i'm sure they didn't exists before... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:21 am

Just got my CSR Elite -pedals. The loadcell changes everything.... So frustrating to start learning braking again. Smile

I'm having major difficulties trying to trailbrake now.

Nevertheless, I love the pedals. They feel really good!
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 am

Yeah, the padals with load cell are really good. I have Thrustmaster TR500 F1 on the test @ the moment. Wheel is f**** awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 am

Yeah it seems like a really good wheel. I would have bought the regular package (with the gt-wheel) last year when they had a big sale here in Finland but the GT-wheel has the paddles mounted to the base which I don't like. But the F1-rim seems great!
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 am

Yeah, friend of mine who owns playgame store has offered me extra nice deal. If I gave him back CSR wheel + pedals i get F1 for 100€ Smile
Back to top Go down
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 am

Nice! Can we others get good prices too from our sponsor? Wink
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:48 am

Tell me what you need and i will ask him. Sometimes he find some really great deals.
I always buy wheels from him, because i can always exchange my old wheel for new one and pay as little as it's possible.
Back to top Go down
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:16 am

I'll keep that in mind! I'm good for now that I have good pedals.
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 am

My pedals started acting up again so I finally ordered new Elites from Fanatec. Can't wait for them to get here so I can try them out!
Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Nice,you will probably be very happy with them.
Back to top Go down
sbig

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:42 am

Can't be worse than what I'm using now Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hardware reccommendations?   hardware reccommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SasIng MotorSport team forum :: General-
Jump to: