SasIng MotorSport team forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is odoljanal

Our users have posted a total of 1355 messages in 179 subjects
Most active topics
Sebring 2012 Season 3
Barber MotorSport 2012 Season 3
Suzuka 2012 Season 3
Twin Motegi 2012 Season 3
Zolder 2012 Season 3
Next season car
Laguna seca 2012 Season 3
IMS Road Track Season 2012 Season 3
Watkins Glen Boot Season 4 2012
hardware reccommendations?
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 46 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:22 pm

What FOV you are using ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SloEdge
Admin

What FOV you are using ? Empty
PostSubject: What FOV you are using ?   What FOV you are using ? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 am

I'm ill so i have planty of time to read forums Wink
I read tons of articles about correct FOV. I was running around 80-90 and lower it to 65. Just like Juho once said it's easier to nail brake point, turn in... But in the race conditions i have hard times to drive in crowd :S I have 36" TV around 65 cm away from my head. iRacing suggest that i should use 55 if i remember correctly but with soo low FOV maybe i can drive, but not race Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sasingmotorsport.forumotion.com
nuhq

PostSubject: Re: What FOV you are using ?   What FOV you are using ? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:28 am

I'm running 45 fov, because the calculator gives me that value. I also have hard time when racing in a pack and I would like to get a 3-monitor system to give me bigger fov. Smile

But running with calculated fov there are so many advantages because everything looks like they would when driving a real car. You just have a smaller window to it. For me the advantages > disadvantages so I run with the calculated value. I don't blame anyone for running a bigger fov when racing with one monitor though. Smile

By the way, I'm writing my master's thesis about the field of view in racing simulators, I'll tell you the results of my study when it's done!

Back to top Go down
SloEdge
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What FOV you are using ?   What FOV you are using ? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah, triple monitors will solved that easily for me too, but i don't have enough free space to mount 3 monitors. Also i'm a little worried what kind of PC monster do i need to have normal FPS with 3 monitors if i found free space after all. Some says you need SLI or Crossfire to have good FPS with 3 monitors.

I'm very interested what will you found out in your master's thesis. Maybe you will convince me to go triple after all Wink
Back to top Go down
https://sasingmotorsport.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What FOV you are using ?   What FOV you are using ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What FOV you are using ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SasIng MotorSport team forum :: General-
Jump to: